The key themes we have covered in our assemblies each week are as follows:
Week of 8/10/18
- A representative of the Winchester Night Shelter visited us to talk about the work they do supporting the homeless in Winchester.
- In our reading assembly this week Mrs Flynn read the book' We're going on a bear hunt.' It is one of her favourite books.
- Celebrating Black History Month. The children learnt about Harriet Tubman and how she escaped her life as a slave and then helped others to escape to freedom.
Week of 1/10/18
- Hampshire Air Ambulance Education Team visited us to talk about their work and how we can help to keep ourselves safe.
- In our reading assembly this week Mrs Broadway read a selection of poetry in celebration of National Poetry day.
- Winchester Deanery Schools Team led our assembly focusing on 'Christians believe that Jesus thinks everyone is special.'
- Owls Class Assembly for parents
Week of 25/9/18
- Learning about how much food we have compared to children in other parts of the world.
- In our reading assembly this week Miss Jeffries shared two biographies from Boys who dare to be different & Stories for rebel girls.
Week of 17/9/18
- Considering how new Reception children will copy older children's behaviour and attitudes.
- In our reading assembly this week Mrs Carter shared the story book 'Hoot Owl, Master of disguise' by Sean Taylor
- Learning about Genetic Disorders and supporting Jeans For Genes Day on 21/9/18
Week of 10/9/18
- Exploring the need for cooperation and to consider that every contribution to shared effort can be vital. - The story of the Enormous Turnip
- The importance of leaving judgments and prejudices far behind - The New Neighbour by Sarah McIntyre
- Looking after our environment - The Plastic Free Winchester' Campaign (Visiting speaker)
- Democracy in school - Maple, Beech, Ash & Willow House assemblies. House Captains were elected and announced
Week of 4/9/18
- Making a Fresh Start: Encouraging everyone to begin the new school year with optimism and positivity.
- Reflecting upon the new opportunities and challenges that a new school year brings - The story of Zacchaeus
- Learning about discipline in sport - Karate demonstration